How would you answer the question – Who Are You, REALLY?
Some of us would immediately think of their occupation, what they do for a living. Some would think of their family position, father, mother, husband, wife. Some would find their answer in their ethnicity, nationality or family of origin. Some would find their identity in what they’ve done, their accomplishments or their failures. And then some would focus on their skills or talents. While all of these certainly contribute to who we are BUT none of them tell the complete story. None of them are foundational. So what does really lie at the bottom of who we really are? What is at the DNA level of who we are?
That is the question that the Apostle Paul addresses in his letter to the church plant at Ephesus. In his letter Paul paints a compelling picture of our true identity in Christ. Our desire in this series is to lean into what Paul is saying of our true identity and allow it to reshape how we view ourselves, how we view others, how we view our relationship with God, how we view our relationships with others, how we view the church and how we view the meaning and purpose for our personal life.
In this series we will be going through the entire book of Ephesians. Each Sunday we will look deeply into a portion Ephesians and then on the following Wednesday evening (6:30pm) we’ll process the passage together in group so that we might apply each lesson to our lives. Don’t miss any of these powerful and life changing messages – Who Are You, REALLY?
- 06/04 – Eph 1:1-2, You are in Christ
- 06/11 – Eph 1:3-14, You are saved
- 06/18 – Eph 1:15-23, You will truly see
- 06/25 – Eph 2:1-10, You are alive in Christ
- 07/02 – Eph 2:11-22, You are part of God’s family
- 07/09 – Eph 3:1-21, You can approach God with confidence
- 07/16 – Eph 4:1-16, You are part of a new Kingdom
- 07/23 – Eph 4:17-24, You are a new person
- 07/30 – Eph 4:25-32, You can put off the old person
- 08/06 – Eph 5:1-14, You can imitate Jesus
- 08/13 – Eph 5:15-21, You are filled with the Spirit
- 08/20 -Eph 5:22-6:9, You can have right relationships
- 08/27 – Eph 6:10-24, You can be victorious
- 09/03 – You are in Christ, (series conclusion)